The historic Ferguson Train Depot, located in Ferguson Missouri, was built during the late 1800's and was located on the North Missouri Railroad, later known as the Wabash Railroad. William B. Ferguson granted the railroad a narrow right of way through his farm with the stipulation that they build a depot there. The Depot was built in the standard station design and is the only remaining depot of this design left in Missouri. It became the center of the community as the town of "Ferguson" grew up around it.
In 2000, the Whistle Stop Depot Frozen Custard Shop opened in the restored Ferguson Depot and offered visitors wonderful treats, as well as an opportunity to learn about Ferguson's history through the displays that were found inside. Unfortunately, the business was permanently closed in 2019. But, train enthusiasts can still enjoy the 20 or more Norfolk-Southern freight trains that come by the Depot on a daily basis! See the Ferguson website for more information.
Ferguson Train Depot
1 Carson Road
Ferguson, MO 63135
314-521-7721 (City Hall)